EBA (Evidence-based approach) is defined as the process of basing decisions about the built environment on credible research to achieve the best possible outcomes.
In our case, we are focused on the person, through a scientifically validated and constantly updated use of all the elements employed in the project: light, sound, fragrances, materials etc. with the aim to design spaces that produce a beneficial effect on the frequenters.
Lights and colors for instance, are widely employed to create suggestive scenarios; very often integrated with the sounds. All these elements if used in a correct modality , can affect in a positive way the mood, the ultradian and circadian rhythms and also stimulate or relax the persons.Even a correct matching with the scents diffusion may allow to harmonize the sensory experience of the subjects, because different scents can induce differerent physiological and cognitive reactions. The Touch can be affected by correct temperature setting . The proper fusion of all these elements is guaranteed by a scientific approach, fitted to the practical need of an interaction between humans and environment.
An example of EBA
We can deem for instance, an element concerning sound: the volume; to be considered with other aspects as contents and diffusion modalities. Sound intensity is in direct relationship with acoustic pollution.
Borrowing some concepts, scientifically validated for healthcare context, by the California Center for Health Design, sound intensity does not have to exceed 35 dB during the day and 30 dB during the night; with maximum peaks of 40 dB. Exceed these limits can produce negative psycho-physiological effects on the people (i.e. disturb of sleep/awake rythm and blood pressure increasing). An appropriate choice of noise-absorbing materials for ceilings and walls, help us to achieve the desired purpose.
Potential advantages for our clients
- Customized solutions.
- Customized environments , private and common, where all the elements (light, sound, temperature, smell, air, water etc.) be validated by scientific evidences, with the aim to obtain a beneficial effect on the clients and wellness oparators.
- A new “Brand” awareness, connected to the attention on physical and mental wellness of the people.
- Beauty and aesthetics validated by evidence based criteria.
- A supporting network with capability to produce new customized technologies
- Cutting edge materials selection.
- Friendly-user technologies selection.